We have been teaching Millie about testimonies. We have been explaining to her what a testimony is and the kinds of things you can share in a testimony. Because yesterday was fast Sunday, Millie noticed that all of her friends (the single adults in the ward) were getting up and bearing their testimony. She asked me if she could go up and share hers. I was a little hesitant because we had only been teaching her about them for 2 weeks and only being 2 1/2 years old, I didn't know what she would say. I also didn't want her to get up and be silly or shy and then not want to do it. I want her to share her testimony whenever she wants to, so I didn't want to tell her no. After getting John's attention on the stand and silently mouthing my predicament, he mouthed back that if she wanted to, let her get up. So, when there was a break in the line of students getting up to share their testimony, we hurried up to the front and sat in the chair waiting for our turn. When it was our turn to get up I whispered to Millie another reminder to be brave and reverent because a testimony wasn't silly. We got to the pulpit, I handed Ruth to John, I picked up Millie so that she could speak into the microphone, and then I held my breath. To my shear amazement and joy....this is what I heard:
"I'd like to bear my testimony. I know the Church is true. I love Jesus. I know Jesus loves me. I love the Book of Mormon. I love my Mommy and my Daddy and my baby Roofie. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."
We were so proud of her! The room was silent as the sweet words came out of her mouth. John said that he almost teared up because it was so special. She is growing up so fast. I can already see that any day now, I am going to wake up and find that she is already a young woman. Until then, I need to make sure I enjoy the everyday moments.
It is the best to watch your children grow up in righteousness. You two are doing so well teaching and loving yours. Way to go.
ReplyDelete