Thursday, March 29, 2012

All Grown Up!

Last night, I called Millie to come sit down for dinner. John and Scottie were already sitting down talking about their day and Ruthie was in her chair being pleasant as always. Millie had been helping me in the kitchen, but quietly stepped away to go upstairs for something. After calling her again to the table she said, "Just a minute". When she finally came downstairs, I told her to sit down in her chair because it was time to eat. Her eyes got really big as she said, "Oh no Mom, I can't eat. The food will ruin my lipstick!" She was serious too. Apparently she had been putting my makeup on while she was upstairs. John and I just looked at each other, smiled, and shared the same "just wait until she is 16" glance. It just reminded me that all too soon, she will be a young woman with her own grown up personality. Millie already talks and acts like a little adult. Soon, she will start caring about grown up things more than playing with her dolls, dressing up, reading stories with me, and just being a little girl. Sometimes I want to just hold her tightly so that she will never grow up. Other times I am ready to sell her to the highest bidder......or ANY bidder for that matter. ;) There is just something surreal about watching your first child grow up. And although I know that watching all of my children grow up will bring it's ups and downs, being a Mom is still the BEST job in the whole world!




3 comments:

  1. Oh, those girls are beautiful. I love little Millie's glasses. So cute. The boys and I will be coming out in May -- I think we ought to arrange a get-together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful girls for your handsome boys! That would be so much fun!!! When in May are you coming?

      Delete