Today at the store, a cute old couple came behind us as we were checking out. Of course the sweet little old woman started talking with Millie and telling her how cute she was. Millie responded with, "Thanks, ya punk!". I couldn't tell if the old woman had understood what she said or not but just in case, I quickly explained that Millie likes to be silly. The old woman asked Millie about Ruth and if she was her baby sister. She than asked Millie what her name was. Without missing a beat, Millie began singing our version of the Babcock name song:
"M. I. L. L. I. E.......spells Millie, Millie Guymon".
The old couple both smiled and thought it was so cute. Millie was acting nice and sweet, so I wanted to hurry and finish before she started being silly again. After what seemed like an eternity, my groceries were processed, bagged and I had finished paying. As I pushed my cart away, I breathed a sigh of relief thinking that we were in the clear. However, I was wrong. After I took only a few steps, the old woman waved and said, "Bye Millie". Millie quickly turned, waved and said, "Bye ya old goose!".
So funny! So glad you were walking out of the store....
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry. I hate it when the little darlings ruin the image
ReplyDelete