Well.......as you can see, I am expecting a baby. A baby girl to be exact. We are all very excited and can't wait to meet her. Millie calls her baby Guymon. She loves giving my tummy hugs and kisses. I have no doubt that they will be best friends. Now, if we can just get her here.
Technically, I am not due until August 9th which is still 10 days away. However, according to the numbers, she should have fallen out by now. For the last 3 weeks I have been dilated to a 3 and 80% effaced. I am now at a 4 and 85%. Most women would have already gone into labor by now. Thanks Mom for your wonderful genes. :) I say that because the women in my family can go from a 3 or 4 to the baby coming out in just 30 minutes. Of course, if they make it in time to get an epidural, it slows the process down. I think the longest labor my mom or any of my sisters ever had was 5 hours long. I was only in labor with Millie for about 4 1/2 hours. 3 1/2 of which I couldn't feel a thing because of the epidural. Although a short labor sounds great, it can be nerve racking because you don't know if you will have time to get to the hospital. I barely made it with Millie. John has been working up in Salt Lake the last couple of weeks and will be until the end of September. So, if the baby decides to come during the day, I am not sure what I am going to do. Hold it in I guess.... ;)
I have an induction date set for next Friday, August 5th. So, if the baby does not come this weekend we are hoping that it waits until next Friday so that John will for sure be with me. Normally I would not induce my baby and just let it come when it wants, but with John working so far away and already being at a 4 and 85%, I feel more comfortable having a date set up so that I know for sure we will all make it to the hospital when it happens. Not to mention that I am ready to get rid of some of the 72 lbs I gained with this baby. An extra 72 lbs. can sure do a number on your hips, back, ankles and well.....pretty much your entire body.
The bottom line is that no matter what happens, we have faith that Heavenly Father will bring our little baby girl to us when she is supposed to come. And even though we are extremely excited to have her here, we will wait. In the meantime, John continues to "help" me go into labor. We went on a bike ride yesterday, he takes me on walks around the neighborhood, has me riding his scooter over bumpy terrain, and even has me jumping on the tramp at Grandma and Grandpa Guymon's house. I don't mind though. He is so excited for this baby, I think it's cute. Painful,.....but cute. So when it comes to Baby VS. Daddy......Baby is winning.
I can't believe you still haven't had her. We hope that she waits then for John to be home with you! Let us know if you guys need ANYTHING!!!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe we haven't either. Now that it's Monday, we hope that she waits until Friday. Or, at least until John gets home from work each day. Thanks for being so willing to help! We will let you know if we need anything.
ReplyDelete